The superfood superhero of the day is peppers. Peppers contain a powerful healing compound called capsaicinoids. This is particularly true of chili peppers which derive their heat as well as their anti-inflammatory, analgesic (pain relieving), anti-cancer, heart healthy effects from high levels of capsaicinoids.
In addition chili peppers:
1) Can assist in the weight loss process through increased fat utilization.
2) Are loaded with disease fighting antioxidants.
3) Contain 2x the amount of vitamin C found in citrus fruit.
4) Can help relieve headaches.
5) May relieve symptoms of arthritis
6) May help prevent chronic sinus infections.
7) May help prevent intestinal disease/discomfort.
Almost any dish can benefit from a small amount of hot chili peppers. I invite you to consider adding them to soups, stews, chili, stir- fry, salads and salsas.
Take away: Add small amounts of chili peppers to your diet and enjoy the zesty taste and powerful healing benefits.
Get hot and get healthy!
Erik Hajer is an award-winning fitness and wellness coach and author of the book, LIVE FIT AND BE WELL: A Personal Transformation Workbook. (Amazon: http://amzn.to/t3z97A ) In addition to training for life, he is a 13-time marathoner and 5- time Ironman Triathlon finisher.
Connect with Coach Erik and the Fit and Well Tribe online at http://erikhajer3.wpengine.com There you will find community, support, inspiration, and awesome training videos too!